NO the title is not a typo. This is the real thang! Cauliflower Pizza!! You get the best of both worlds: Eat some veggies, feel good about eating healthy AAAND eat PIZZA at the same time. I really don’t think you can ask for more. For real.
As a professional pizza eater (my dad ordered pizza every Friday night for as long as I can remember, so I feel like I can give myself that title), I approve of this recipe.
CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
- 1 head of cooked cauliflower ( the original recipe asked for 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower, but I used a small head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- olive oil (optional)
- pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*
- Chop the cauliflower florets into chunks and steam them in a steamer or on the stove until slightly soft (for approx 15 minutes.) I mashed the cauliflower by hand, but the original recipe used some sort of food processor.
- Prepare your baking stone or sheet by spreading a small amount of olive oil on it and top with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, eggs and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9″ round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
- Transfer to the baking stone or sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a large rectangle or circle… doesn’t matter.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.
- Slice and Serve
And there you have it! Guilt-free pizza!